The Cochlear Implant 2016 Toronto(CI2016 Toronto) is a not-for-profit membership organization created with the purpose of eliminating barriers to cochlear implantation by sponsoring research, driving heightened awareness and advocating for improved access to cochlear implants for patients of all ages across the US. CI2016 Toronto members are clinicians, scientists, educators, and others on cochlear implant teams as well as parent and consumer advocates. An annual meeting for professional members is convened.
- To advance access to the gift of hearing provided by cochlear implantation through research, advocacy and awareness.
- Encourage and support research on candidacy, criteria and the broad impacts of cochlear implants for children and adults
- Advance awareness of best practices related to cochlear implants among patients and their families, clinicians including primary care doctors and other health professionals, early interventionists, educators, policy-makers, payers and the general public
- Educate and encourage policy-makers and payers to take steps that expand access to cochlear implants
- Build an effective, sustainable organization